Thursday 23 February 2012

Texture compromise



As you can see, just to give my level a little more colour for the moment, I've textured a few of my infomation boards which has all been easy and simple. However, slight problem. Turns out they take up a massive amount of texture space. In order for each board to actually be legable in game, they need to use a full 1024 texture sheet. otherwise it just goes too pixelated. So far i've added almost half of my infomation boards but this takes up 1/3 of my total budget already. So I had a choice to make, either reduce the texture size and compromise the quality, or reduce the number of boards around the museum. I'm going for the latter. Instead I'll fill out the space where they would be with paintings which can be far lower quality as there is no text to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment